Technologist & product designer seeking to define the technology of tomorrow
- Structuring · Designing complex interaction models and information architectures
- Prototyping · Rapidly implementing and iterating on functioning prototypes
- Coordinating · Building shared strategy with teammates and integrating feedback
- Speccing · Producing comprehensive technical specifications and mockups
Experience & Education
Microsoft, Program Manager II
2017 – Present
- Designing engineering services and tools for Microsoft Office.
Textile Creative Studios, Technologist
2016 – 2017
- Working with businesses to select and deploy the right modern technology for their websites, marketing, customer communications, automation, accounting, and more.
Gorischek Design, Owner
2015 – 2016
- Performed IT consulting for small/midsize businesses. Chose, implemented, and integrated software toolsuites for sales, operations, and productivity. Developed custom software for line of business workflows.
Microsoft, Program Manager
2010 – 2014
- Owned in-product Help experience. Reworked user interface to match the Office 2013 visual refresh and created consistency across desktop, server, and web products.
- Improved the coverage and efficiency of automated test passes by incorporating code coverage data into the script selection process.
- Reviewed interface strings as a member of the Voice team, tasked with minimizing technical jargon, updating outdated wording, restraining overused phrases, and strengthening consistency of language.
Rice University, Student
2006 – 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, magna cum laude
- Ecological field research at Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory
- Coursework in statistics, typography, philosophy of science, and marketing